2. What are some tips for representing myself?
4. Where can I find out about court resources and forms?
- Appearance Form JD-CL-12 -- How-To Video on Filling out Appearance Form
- Family Forms - Publications
- Child Support and Arrearage Guidelines
- Landlord/Tenant Forms - Publications
- Booklet - "A Landlord's Guide to Summary Process (Eviction)" - JDP-HM-14
- Booklet - "A Tenant's Guide to Summary Process (Eviction)" - JDP-HM-15
- Booklet - "The Small Claims Process" - JDP-CV-45
The courthouse Law Libraries maintain self-help materials and aids for persons representing themselves. These aids are called pathfinders and give you a broad overview of a topic and a starting place for your research. Ask at the law library for the "Pathfinder" on your topic.
5. What should you do to get ready for a court hearing?
This video produced by the CT Network for Legal Aid covers things you need to know about getting ready for a court hearing, including what to wear, who to bring with you and what happens when you see the judge.
Back to top